Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Day Two

Today's Journey 

1) This morning we have filmed the Welcome to my World exhibition with Mike's supervision before the exhibition has opened. This put my directorial skills to the test because at the same time I had to direct and set up my camera, but I also had to direct the rest of the team and tell them what to do, Abi (picture editor), Jake (sound editor) and Chris (producer) were a big help even though their roles were not very relevant to the production process itself. Chris was able to convey some of the things I wanted to have in the film to the others when I was busy filming. It was hard to imagine how everything was going to look like at this point as we have have not heard from Joann at this point so we could be filming this exhibition and have no input from the creator which I thought would make it very hard to convey the emotions to the audience without a personal voice who would give it that much more express their passion about the project. 

Here are some pictures from the shoot.




2) Filmed at the Albert Doc. This was to show the surroundings of the Tate and show to the audience that Liverpool is a scenic place with tourists even though there is deprivation outside of the tourist attractions. A comparison between the deprivation and the thriving city central.  

3) We were all walking back for lunch as we thought we were going to get lunch and go back to film in the city centre. This was disrupted when Mike told us Joann was at the Tate, we have rushed back to meet her and we found her at the Cafe, she waited for us for a long while and we were so thankful she did otherwise we would have had nothing. This was very key for the documentary to work, and look the way I wanted it to. From then on everything went smoothly, Katrina booked us an interview room which was very flexible and we were able to stay there till we finished filming. It was nice and quiet so the set was undisrupted, this allowed us to get crisp sound. The light looked good I did like the shadow on the wall very much, I was very glad we booked the light out as it was very helpful and it made the shoot look more professional. 

We have spoken to Joann about the project before the interview which was very helpful as we knew that she was very talkative and open about the project she is a filmmaker herself it was very nice to 
I have asked Billy to record the audio when Chris and I spoke to Joann while everyone else was setting up so that if she said anything valuable we would not miss anything.

I have delegated Chris to be the interviewer as I wanted to be behind the camera controlling everything. He has a clear way of explaining things. Everything went as planned from then on and Joann said her husband is a councillor of one of the estates that is being re-built she has talked about it in the interview and we have exchanged numbers so I hope that we are able to interview his as well, this would greatly enrich the film and give the film a different spin to it. 

 List of questions.






4) After leaving the Tate we have went straight to have lunch/dinner as all of the crew was hungry.

5) Sleep 

6) Dinner and socialising with the course mates. 

7) More sleep 

No comments:

Post a Comment